Click here to find out more
Our C24 students continue to use their Spanish skills for routine transactions in the classroom, such as understanding instructions or making requests in their Modern Foreign Language.
Here our Explorers are grappling with this week’s Learning Targets – classifying positive and negative classroom behaviours, defining verbs, identifying cognates and engaging their cognitive skills to complete this task.
This session built on the work that we covered last week on school subjects, and challenged our students to link their learning. It was clear from their own self-assessment against the rubric that for most students their finishing point had moved on significantly from their starting point.
The following students have been selected to play football on Monday 20th November at Adwick. We will return to school at approx 5:45-6 o’clock As ever they will need to bring their full kit plus a warm top/water bottle etc.
We have highlighted a number of issues we wish to address by changing the calendar this year, and in further years:
- Last year, we used Doncaster Rovers staff and Duke of Edinburgh volunteers on Friday from 2:15pm to allow staff to be together and plan. This hasn’t been effective, as we have had to support DRFC staff, resulting in staff losing valuable development time, and increased contact time.
- The staffing of exams and revision sessions in the May holiday for Year 11s needed to be addressed.
- Given we will be staffing results days for Year 11 in August, this makes the summer holiday very tight at just four weeks.
We propose that:
- The extra staffing hours lost every Friday are aggregated to form 5 staff days to run in the first week of the May holiday. This is to ensure coverage for Year 11s during the exam period.
- As staff lose 5 days holiday because of this change, we propose the school finishes a week earlier in Summer. This gives a five week summer holiday for all Year groups.
This now gives a consistent calendar for all year groups with minimal impact. The only differences being that:
- All year groups this year will get an extra week’s holiday. This is made up during the year through extra contact time on Friday afternoons.
- Year 11s will need to attend school in the first week of the existing May holiday next academic year, in order for them to attend exams and revision sessions.
If you do have any concerns/queries please contact the school on 01302 898792 or email us on email@example.com.
Please find below the new calendars for this academic year and 2018/19 academic year:
Our C24 Y7 students have been asked to complete a worksheet on school subjects. This will help them to begin to build the 2500 word vocabulary that they will need to acquire by the time they sit their GCSE Spanish exams.
For both our Pioneer and Explorer groups, this homework was set today and is due in for marking next Wednesday 22nd November.
As always, if any student needs extra help to complete this work then they may attend an Extended Study session after school.
I help to supervise this session on Thursdays.
Well done to Brendan (aged 11) for winning the William Walker Charity Calendar competition for January! His stunning artwork will feature in the 2018 calendar.
This really is beautiful work!
As some students have made me aware, they are unable to log on MyMaths using an apple device and some students on a Windows device without an updated flash player.
I have extended to the deadline for both classes to Friday 1pm to allow all students who are unable to access My Maths at home to use the laptops at school during break, lunch, or extended study.
In the meantime, can all students who are having any problems with devices bring them into school where we can sort out the problem with the browser for any future work set.
XP East would like to invite all parents and carers to C24 first Student-Led Conference (SLCs). This will be our student’s opportunity to present, share and discuss their learning with you, their Crew Leader and any other invited staff.
The week beginning 20th November, every student will be hosting a Student-Led Conference. Please select a day and a time that is convenient for you to attend the SLC. They will take place across both XP East and XP for a period of 2 weeks.
We ask that parents and carers check their emails and respond to the ‘Sign up genius’ invitation that has been sent by crew leaders to book a time slot for their student.
We are counting on 100% attendance at conferences so that we can encourage, support and recognise the progress in learning that has been made by students in their first term at XP East School. Therefore, your role in this process is crucial in supporting the learning of your son/daughter.
We look forward to seeing you!
Students have 6 exercises to complete in MyMaths. These are additional practice questions on:
Highest common factor, lowest common multiples, fractions, decimals and percentages
At this stage students should not worry about whether they are too easy or too hard, as this will give us data about level of understanding of lesson content in addition to the marked grapple in Maths.
The username is:
The password is:
Students then use the details I shared with them in class to get into myportal.
The deadline is Tuesday at 8pm for Explorer and Wednesday 8pm for Pioneer
In order to create capacity for a wider variety of sports to be played we are moving football training to lunchtimes for all years. See allocation below;
|Y9/10 football training boys||Y9/10 – football training Girls||Y8 football training boys||Y7/8 football training Girls||Y7 football training boys|
Recreational football training for year 7 students on a Friday after-school with Doncaster Rovers coaches will remain at the same time.